[gmx-users] appropriate values fot tau_t and tau_p

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 24 12:12:39 CEST 2009

Hi,

You do not mention your the values you tried, nor other critical mdp parameters,
nor the property you are looking for, so it is difficult to help you.

In general, the larger you make tau_t and tau_p, the better things should get.
tau_p should be larger than tau_t, otherwise you might induce oscillations
by couplings between the thermo and barostat.

Berk