[gmx-users] diffusion, g_msd and trestart

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Jul 27 11:39:41 CEST 2009

Enemark Soeren wrote:

> [...]

That would be a way (and the VACF also gives you a diffusion constant),
you can also check the histogram visually for different run times. It
seems that your solution does have a lot of amino acids, which probably
means high viscosity and slow diffusion, and hence long time to
equilibrate. Looking at the system MSD for all the Gly may also show you
when the MSD curve becomes linear, you can use this as well as an
estimate for the trestart.