[gmx-users] question about continuation using tpbconv and mdrun -cpi

Baofu Qiao qiaobf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:56:09 CEST 2009

Hi Mark,

Thanks!
Because the maximum time for one single job is set to be 24hours on the
cluster I'm using, I want to make sure which is the best way to continue
the gmx jobs. I wonder how strong effect "mdrun -cpi" has?  From the
introduction of mdrun, it seems that there are some EXTRA energy frames,
but for the trajectory file (.xtc), there is no extra frames? Am I right?

"mdrun -h
--> The contents will be binary identical (unless you use dynamic load
balancing), but for technical reasons there might be some extra energy
frames when using checkpointing (necessary for restarts without appending)."

best wishes,