[gmx-users] Pulling a CG protein

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Thu Jul 30 12:34:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

Just picking up the following bits of the conversation:

x.periole at rug.nl said:
>> This is of course the idea, but then comes the problem of believing
>> that atomistic simulations are actually giving the right answer!

I think this is actually quite a valid point. As David pointed out,
many forcefields have been parameterized with respect to density and
energy data. So there is actually no guarantee that atomistic
forcefields do particularly well with respect to pulling simulations
(although many people have used them for such simulations).
The gold standard should probably be to compare CG pull simulations
directly to corresponding experimental data whenever possible.

So have even more fun :)
Marc

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr