[gmx-users] eigenvec.trr and eigenval.xvg

Dechang Li li.dc06 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 08:57:39 CET 2009

Dear all,

    I used g_covar and g_anaeig to generate the eigenvectors of a trajectory.
In the eigenvec.trr (I converted it to .gro file)  file, the first, second and
third eigenvectors showed that:

The first: "Generated by trjconv :  in water t=  -1.00000"
The second: "Generated by trjconv : in water t=   0.00000"
The third: "Generated by trjconv :  in water t=   2.13704"

But I saw in the eigenval.xvg file that the eigenvalues are :
1  2.13704
2  0.492212
3  0.308174

What do the first and second eigenvectors mean? The related eigenvalues are -1 and 0 ?

Best regards,
2009-3-5

Dechang Li, Ph.D Candidate
Department of Engineering Mechanics