[gmx-users] gromacs in parallel version

Diego Enry Gomes diego.enry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 09:15:29 CET 2009

Looks like you are using MPICH2 as "mpi" software.
Try including "mpirun" before mdrun_mpi.

mpirun -n 4 mdun_mpi -v -s topol.tpr

If that doesn't work you shoud run start the MPI DAEMON ( MPD ) before
mpirun:

mpdboot
mpirun -n 2 mdun_mpi -v -s topol.tpr

after you job finishes you might want to stop the mpi daemon by running:
mpdallexit

Diego.

Diego Enry B Gomes | PhD Student @ UFRJ - Brazil
/tmp/home/@ Pacific Northwest National Laboratory