[gmx-users] mdrun dies with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Jack Shultz jshultz at hydrogenathome.org
Thu Mar 12 03:52:45 CET 2009

Thank you, now I'm testing this on a 64 bit, robust linux box. I was
using the parameters from this tutorial
https://extras.csc.fi/chem/courses/gmx2007/tutorial1/tutorial1.pdf

One other question, if GROMACS was compiled with single precision,
would that make a difference regarding how well it minimizes a system?

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Mark Abraham <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Jack Shultz wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone come across this error on a windows platform? Any
>> suggestions? I ran it through a BOINC workunit then tried it
>> stand-alone for troubleshooting. It produces the same result.
>>
>>     23 [main] mdrun 4084 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
>> STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>>  316870 [main] mdrun 4084 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
>> mdrun.exe.stackdump
>>
>> Here are the details
>> http://hydrogenathome.org/result.php?resultid=1290554
>
> The GROMACS issue is in the few lines above this. See
> http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Errors#1-4_interaction_not_within_cut-off
>
> As Justin said, you should simplify your problem by getting a system on
> which a trustworthy version of GROMACS works correctly, before confounding
> your problem with your other issues.
>
> Mark

Jack

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=832713248