[gmx-users] Triclinic water box for a protein MD

TJ Piggot t.piggot at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 20:26:18 CET 2009

You might want to try a rombic dodecahedron box (an option in editconf).

Or you can run the simulation using a triclinic box hoping the images don't
interact and then check after the simulation has finished using g_mindist
-pi on the trajectory, bearing in mind if they do then you will have wasted
a lot of time.

If you do want to use a triclinic box having a larger amount of water
surrounding the complex may be advisable as this makes images interacting
less likely

Tom

--On Friday, March 13, 2009 20:10:05 +0100 Tsjerk Wassenaar