[gmx-users] about MARTINI forcefield

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Sun Mar 15 19:32:27 CET 2009

The first ting to do would be to read the later papers describing the
philosophy
of the force field. There you'll find clear examples of how small
molecules can
be parameterized.

This goes in two main steps: i) geometrization: define the number of
beads,
bonds, angles, dihedrals to describe the molecule. ii) typography:
define the
bead type to use for each bead. Both steps need to be iterated to get
to the
best result. You'll need experimental data and atomistic simulations
to fit
your model to.

Have fun,
XAvier.