[gmx-users] Matching atom name and types in OPLS-aa FF

tree tree.csc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:34:52 CET 2009

Dear Justin and All:

I truly appreciate your clear answer.
Since my questions are solved by your explanations, I do not know how I
can express my grateful heart.

Now I have to ask second step questions. :)
It is related to the OPLS-aa "bon.itp" file.
Each section (bonds, angle, diherdal, and etc.) has its "type".
I am wondering if this "type" (of course, in OPLS-aa case) has the same
meaning in the Gromos potentials.
As we know, those types for each kind of bonded interactions are well
described in the Gromacs manual with clear equations.
So, my question is (as I mentioned just above) if this is the same as the
OPLS-aa case.

To make my question clear, I want to give an example.

[ bonds ]
CT	HC	1	0.10900	284512.0	; CHARMM 22 paramter

I know the number "1" here means type, which describes what kind of the
bonds (strech) between two bonds is used.
If this is Gromos potential, I am sure this "1" means "harmonic"
potential according to the Chap. 4 of the Gromacs manual.
Is this also applied to OPLS-aa FF?

Thank you for your care, again.

Sincerely yours,

Kim