[gmx-users] Pull code using two reaction coordinates??

Chris Neale chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 16 23:06:59 CET 2009

Hi Rodney,

This may be possible if your reference is absolute coordinates. In this case, just use pull group 1 and 2, with the
reference group undefined. For more nuanced usage, the problem is that you are only allowed one
reference group (and one type of pull code usage) in a given run.

I put a request for this type of functionality on the wiki wish list a long time ago and it never materialized, so my best
guess is that it will not be done in the near future.

Quoting http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Development:
"* The ability to read in multiple .ppa files, for example to allow one pull-code implementation of an umbrella in
absolute coordinates and one relative to a reference group, or one umbrella and one constraint and one afm, etc.
* Since the pull code is now integrated into the mdp file in gromacs 4, this request now has a different format,
but the functionality requested remains the same."

You might be able to do something with special "bonds" if you can't use an absolute reference.

Chris.