[gmx-users] Matching atom name and types in OPLS-aa FF

tree tree.csc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 08:45:01 CET 2009

Dear Justin:

Thank you for your email!

Thanks to your help and explanation, I am feeling more comfortable with
OPLS topology modification.
Before this work, I have used Gromacs without modifying FF paramters for
simulating 'water' in general systems, which can easily obtained from PDB
sites.
So, it was not too easy to generate a sort of new topology even I've
learned MD.

I understand what you meant here. :)
I did not mean the selection "1" (Harmonic potential function) is a sort
of OPLS-aa FF functions.
My question is actually if I can use the Forth power potential when I
choose "2" in bond streching section.
Since this funtion has different from from "1" (Harmonic potential
function), I thought that it may need other paramters that may (may not)
be different from the given parameters in OPLS-aa FF.
So, my question here is
    [can I use the Forth power potential for bond strech using the given
    OPLS-aa paramters?]
I assume this would be same to others, angle, dihedral, and etc.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Kim