[gmx-users] installation gromacs-3.2.1 in redhat-6

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Mar 21 13:34:44 CET 2009

akalabya bissoyi wrote:
> hello everybody
> i am trying to install gromacs-3.2.1 in redhat-6 EP. but facing problem
> (missing --run autoheader).
> plz any body tell me how to install it.

Several suggestions:

1. Post your command lines (at which step in installation are you stuck?) and
the exact screen output
2. Google your problem, because it does not sound like a Gromacs problem, but
rather something to do with (maybe?) autoconf.
3. Install the newest version of Gromacs (4.0.4), since 3.2.1 is archaic and
substantially slower!
4. Make sure all of your compilers/libraries/headers, etc are up-to-date.  Red
Hat 6 is a bit outdated, IIRC.

-Justin

> i am sending the  terminal window massage.
>  thank you in advance
>

> --
> AKALABYA BISSOYI
> N.I.T.Rourkela