[gmx-users] Alert for Open MPI bug v1.3.0 and v1.3.1

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Mar 29 16:21:34 CEST 2009

Hello gromacs users,

Since Open MPI is commonly used with gromacs, I thought that I would
cross post this important notification that I received via the Open
MPI mailing list.

### Quoting:

The Open MPI team has uncovered a serious bug in Open MPI v1.3.0 and v1.3.1:
when running on OpenFabrics-based networks, silent data corruption is possible
in some cases. There are two workarounds to avoid the issue -- please see the
bug ticket that has been opened about this issue for further details:

We strongly encourage all users who are using Open MPI v1.3.0 and/or v1.3.1 on
OpenFabrics-based networks to read this ticket and use one of the workarounds
described there.

The Open MPI team is working on a fix; it will be included in the
v1.3.2 release.
Updates will be posted to the ticket.