[gmx-users] water model and force field

varsha gautham varsha.gautham88 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:10:50 CEST 2009

Dear gmx-users,

Am doing a simulation of DPPC bilayer with a polymer.  I read from
various papers that SPC is the best water model for lipids and GROMOS
87 is the best force field adapted for the  lipids. So i made
use of SPC and gromos 87 in my simulation .But am not clear with
GROMOS 87 file format and about SPC.

Recently for one of the users, they have provided links to know  about
water model and force  fields.But am not getting a clear idea from any
of these links.Please if anyone can give me a
 link or  description of  GROMOS 87 file format and SPC water model,I
will be very thankful.

My question is ,

1. How gromos 87 file format differ from others?Are there any free
reviews available online?
If so please provide me those links.
2 .How is SPC model differs from TIP3p and TIP4p?

-varsha