R: RE: R: Re: R:[gmx-users] Tabulated potential - Problem

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 09:00:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

You can put the force constant in the table and use a force constant of 1 in the topology,
or only put the 1/2 in the table and put the force constant in the topolgy, the effect is the same.

The points in the table_b.xvg file should be equally spaced.
grompp assumes equal spacing, but does not check this.

Also note that you have to give the force, the negative of the derivative.
But I assume you have done this, as I have built a check in grompp to give
a warning when the potential and the force are inconsistent.

Berk