[gmx-users] grompp: no such moleculetype

Francesco Pietra francesco.pietra at accademialucchese.it
Mon Oct 5 19:29:21 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> Francesco Pietra wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, and beg pardon for the pedestrian mistake.
>>
>> However, I am not yet out. .tpr not generated
>>
>> With command
>>
>> $ grompp -np 4 -f mod21.cg.mdp -c mod21.cg.box.gro -p mod21.cg.top -o
>> mod21.cg.tpr
>>

>> There are:     0      OTHER residues
>> There are:  1270    PROTEIN residues
>> There are:     0        DNA residues
>> Analysing Protein...

>> Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.3
>> Source code file: ../../../../src/kernel/readir.c, line: 798
>>
>> Fatal error:
>> Group DPPC not found in indexfile.
>> Maybe you have non-default groups in your mdp file, while not using
>> the '-n' option of grompp.
>> In that case use the '-n' option.
>>
>> As I said before, I am using the mdp file as provided by MARTINI.
>> ============
>>

> Then you haven't yet appropriately #included the .itp file for DPPC.

As I said, I don't understand why about DPPC. The protein is pure
standard amino acids and nothing else. I am trying to get the files
for simulation in vacuum. I have reexamined all the stuff and I don't
see any allusion to a bilayer, unless that comes from the .mdp file.
The .top I used in these last attempts reads:

;
; mod21 | MARTINI 2.1
;

; Include force field poarameters containing all particle definitions,
; the interaction matrix, plus the topology for water.

#include "martini_v2.1.itp"

; Then include the file(s) containing the topologies of other
; molecules present in your system.

; #include "martini_v2.0_lipids.itp"
; #include "martini_v2.0_salt.itp"

#include "mod21.itp"

; Define a name for your system

[ system ]
mod21

; Define the composition of your system
; The molecule names should correspond to those defined in the itp file(s).

[ molecules ]
Protein 1
; DPPC 128
; W 2000
; NA+ 20
; CL- 20

It seems that commenting out ";" is placed correctly.

I am sincerely sorry to bother you again.

francesco