[gmx-users] step 0Segmentation fault

ram bio rmbio861 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:55:15 CEST 2009

Dear Justin,

Thanks for the options suggested.

I have used -princ and rotate 0 0 90 options with editconf and was
able to place the protein vertically and at the centre of the DPPC
bilayer (128 + 3655) from the site provided in the tutorial, but still
the part of protein is outside the DPPC layer (examined system.gro
(protein newbox +dppc128.gr0) in VMD). The commands used were

editconf -f protein_processed.gro -o protein_newbox.gro  -c -box
6.41840 6.44350 6.59650 -rotate 0 0 90

cat protein_newbox.gro dppc128.gro > system.gro

so now, i tried to increase the size of the box by redoing it and
using the command

editconf -f protein_processed.gro -o protein_newbox.gro -c -box
6.41840 6.44350 6.59650 -d 1.0 -rotate 0 0 90 -bt cubic

cat protein_newbox.gro dppc128.gro > system1.gro

I also used various box types like dodecahedron , octahedron but was
unable increase the size of the box and fix the protein in the centre
of the dppcbilayer (128 + 3655 H2O). Please suggest me how to correct
my command so that all the protein lies in the dppcbilayer and is in
the  centre and can proceed to inflategro steps, also do i need to use
a dppclayer with more lipids like 256 lipid bilayer.

Thanks,

Ram