[gmx-users] Snapshots in different files

Dallas B. Warren Dallas.Warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
Thu Oct 8 01:51:18 CEST 2009

If the time frame between snapshots is not too short, you could have
that as the length of each MD run, then simple extend the run to keep on
going.  Could be a bit inefficient.  (This is how you should run MD
anyway, to ensure don't lose a lot of information if the computer system
you are running on crashes etc.)

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was possible to hack the code so that
a coordinate file is spat out at some interval (even with a limited
index of atoms).  But that is something for those that know the ins and
outs of the code to tell you.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9167
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble
a nail.