[gmx-users] Load imbalance and Y size error

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 8 16:20:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am very hesitant to put in such checks.
In most cases they would not be necessary.
I a few cases it would help a user that does not know exactly would he/she is doing.
But I don't like to make life harder for people who do know what they are doing
and are simulating systems that are not the "standard" atomistic biomolecular simulations.

I said this before this week in another thread:
having grompp stop (which it does now with one warning) when you know what you
are doing is EXTREMELY annoying, already on the command line, but even more in scripts.
This has happened to me when someone had added some absolute range checks
on some mdp parameter, which would always work for atomistic biomolecular simulations,
but not for, for instance, dimensionless simulations.

Berk