[gmx-users] Inserting protein in Bilayer

sunny mishra mishra.sunny at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 22:45:34 CEST 2009

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am also following the martini tutorial
in order to do the CG simulations. Here are the following steps which
I am doing. Please have a look at them.

1) Cleaned the 1SU4.pdb file and renamed it to 1SU4_clean.pdb
2) converted 1SU4_clean.pdb to its CG structure using awk script and
named it to 1SU4_cleancg.pdb
3) Then created the sequence of 1SU4_clean.pdb file and also the .ssd files.
4) Then using the seq2itp script created the protein.itp file for 1SU4.
5) Now I don't understand after this point what should I do because I
also have to include DSPC molecules. Where should I include them I
mean at which step?
When I make my .top file for the protein do I include DSPC molecules
there or anywhere else? Please let me know

Sunny