[gmx-users] the effect of "nexcl" on the result of g_rdf

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 12 16:12:41 CEST 2009

wuxiao wrote:
> Dear GMXers,
>    I have a bit puzzle about the use of nexcl. In order to calculate the
> intermolecular g_rdf, the tpr file obtained from a top file is provided
> with the option -s. So the nexcl in the top file would effect the result
> of g_rdf. Suppose the nexcl is 3, whether are the two atoms seperated by
> 3 bonds as a pair included into the calculation of the routin g_rdf?
> Please ensure me the truth. Thanks a lot for any reply to this post.

Exclusions apply to intramolecular interactions, so I don't see how
intermolecular interactions would be affected.  The .tpr file is generally used
to provide a reference structure for fitting and/or mass-weighting, since a
plain structure file will not have masses or atom types.

-Justin

> Sincerely,
> Chaofu Wu, Dr

Justin A. Lemkul