[gmx-users] major issue with gmx-4.0.3?

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 14 00:29:21 CEST 2009

XAvier Periole wrote:

> Dears,
>
> I recall the report of a major issue in gmx-4.0.3. At the time this
> made me put gmx403 on the side of "not to be used versions".
>
> I can not find a trace of it ... anyone would remember anything?

I thought the major problem was with 4.0.1 - it had something broken that caused
simulations to run something like 50% slower, and hence why it is unavailable
for download.

There were some issues with the free energy code, missing interactions when
using TIP4P, I believe, and otherwise small issues with the pull code.  Complete
release notes are posted on the website:

http://www.gromacs.org/About_Gromacs/Release_Notes/Revisions_in_4.0

-Justin

> Thanks,
> XAvier.