[gmx-users] Re: Reg: GROMACS Queries

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 14 03:39:50 CEST 2009

Please keep all GROMACS-related correspondence on the gmx-users list.  I do not
advertise myself as a private tutor, nor do I claim to have all the answers.
You stand a much better chance of getting useful information by posting to the list.

The concept of pH in a simulation is a difficult one.  You may find the
information here useful:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Constant_pH_Simulation

In one sense, you can protonate residues according to how they would
predominantly exist at a given pH, but you can't really account for the effects
of proton transfer between residues.  Protonation states can be assigned when
running pdb2gmx.

-Justin

Suguna wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>

> Iam S.Sugunadevi doing my Ph.D. in Korea. Iam very new to this field
> (Molecular Dynamics). I got your ID from GROMACS mailing list.
>

> I would like to do MD in different pH values. Kindly, could you guide
> me, where to include that pH values and how?
>

> Iam eagerly waiting for your responds.
>

> Kindly help me.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards