[gmx-users] grompp: no such moleculetype

Francesco Pietra francesco.pietra at accademialucchese.it
Wed Oct 14 20:07:34 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> [...]
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (BENda - BN0)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (SEP4 - SC1)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (BENda - BN0)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (SEAC1 - SC1)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (BENda - BN0)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (SESC4 - SC1)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (SESC4 - SC2)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (SESC4 - SC3)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (BENda - BN0)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (SEAC2 - SC1)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (BENda - BN0)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (SEC3 - SC1)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (SEQd - SC2)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (BENda - BN0)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (SEP1 - SC1)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (BTNda - BN0)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (STAC1 - SC1)
>> Warning: atom names in cg.top and cg.gro don't match (BTNda - BN0)
>> (more than 20 non-matching atom names)
>> WARNING 2 [file "cg.top", line 22]:
>>  163 non-matching atom names
>>  atom names from cg.top will be used
>>  atom names from cg.gro will be ignored
>>
>> double-checking input for internal consistency...
>> renumbering atomtypes...
>> converting bonded parameters...
>> #      BONDS:   160
>> #  G96ANGLES:   161
>> #      PDIHS:   9
>> #      IDIHS:   4
>> #     CONSTR:   30
>> Walking down the molecule graph to make shake-blocks
>> initialising group options...
>> processing index file...
>> Analysing residue names:
>> Opening library file /usr/share/gromacs/top/aminoacids.dat
>> There are:     0      OTHER residues
>> There are:    76    PROTEIN residues
>> There are:     0        DNA residues
>> Analysing Protein...

>> Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.3
>> Source code file: ../../../../src/kernel/readir.c, line: 798
>>
>> Fatal error:
>> Group Non-Protein not found in indexfile.
>> Maybe you have non-default goups in your mdp file, while not using the
>> '-n' option of grompp.
>> In that case use the '-n' option.
>> =================
>>
>>> From the name "protein-in-vacuum.mdp" I assume that there is no "HOH"
>
> You know what happens when you assume...
>
>> around in such file. Also, the tutorial was not for other non-protein.
>> I would be very grateful to the kind person who points out where I did
>> wrongly. Attached is also the mdout.mdp file.
>>

> Read the .mdp file you're using.  There are two very clear appearances of
> the Non-Protein term (energygrps and tc-grps).  Don't simply trust an .mdp

was not found "somewhere". It is the file provided by the author of
that tutorial right for that tutorial (everything was taken from the
solution provided to the example).

>and are potentially having to hack at.  Read the
> input, determine the appropriate settings and why those you're using may not
> work.

I'll look at. But I fear that by commenting out what alludes to
non-protein (if this is what I should do; if not, please explain what
I should do), it will not work. It was so with "my protein".

At any event, for a person like me coming from AMBER, it is surprising
that there is no "minimum" input that works with every standard
protein.

Thanks
francesco