[gmx-users] weird tabulated potential problem

LuLanyuan lulanyuan at msn.com
Wed Oct 14 21:25:02 CEST 2009

Hi,
Some months ago I reported a strange conflict between the GMX 4 new option nblist=-1 and tabulated potentials. At that time I contacted Berk and he could run my test system without any problem. So I thought I had something wrong for my system configurations. However, recently I re-checked the problem and found I got similar issues from two different software/hardware configurations. It seems the problem is sort of general. I'm wondering if any developer or people who are familiar with the code can help me to figure out the problem.
The problem is like the follows. When I use nblist=-1 option with tabulated nonbond interation, sometimes I got a segmatation fault. I used nonebond tables with space 0.004 nm and I smoothed the curves so no complain of wrong numerical derivatives from GMX were found. I tested the simulation on three machines: