[gmx-users] Error during NVT equillibration with nvt.log file

ram bio rmbio861 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 16:25:25 CEST 2009

Dear Justion,

When I executed the command g_energy -f anneal_npt1.edr, the output
for temperature and pressure were as under:

Statistics over 500001 steps [ 0.0000 thru 500.0000 ps ], 1 data sets
All averages are exact over 500001 steps

Energy                      Average       RMSD     Fluct.      Drift  Tot-Drift
Temperature                  161.41    93.1199          0   0.645591    322.796
Heat Capacity Cv:       24.906 J/mol K (factor = 0.332832)

Statistics over 500001 steps [ 0.0000 thru 500.0000 ps ], 1 data sets
All averages are exact over 500001 steps

Energy                      Average       RMSD     Fluct.      Drift  Tot-Drift
Pressure (bar)             -7.96937    115.169    114.406  0.0916656    45.8329

i am unable to understand from these parameters, whether the system is
ok for future steps.
Regarding the gaps in the lipid bilayers,now when i visualized the
.trr file in the VMD there were no gaps in the lipid bilayer, that is
they did not move apart.

Please help.

Thanks

Ram