[gmx-users] Chloroform (CHCl3) solvent box for G53a5 force field

Pablo Englebienne p.englebienne at tue.nl
Tue Oct 20 17:44:09 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to simulate a small molecule in a chloroform box using the
GROMOS G53a5 forcefield. I realized that the parameters for the solvent
are present in the ffG53a5.rtp file, however I could not find a CHCl3
solvent box included in GROMACS. I did find, however, a CHCl3 solvent
box equilibrated by PeiQuan Chen
(http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2003-May/005572.html) at
http://www.gromacs.org/index.php?title=Download_%26_Installation/User_contributions/Molecule_topologies
.

I also saw mention of a box for the Amber forcefield, that is now
included in AmberTools (amber10/dat/solvents/cform/cform.pdb and
chcl3_equil.pdb.1). I took this one and I'm equilibrating it to use it
later.

In the mean time, I wanted to know if I overlooked something, and there
is a CHCl3 box to use with the GROMOS forcefield?

Thanks!

--
Pablo Englebienne, PhD
Institute of Complex Molecular Systems (ICMS)