[gmx-users] Protein Solvent Dynamics - Coordinates for docking

ram bio rmbio861 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 14:00:08 CEST 2009

Dear Mark,

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

I have used trjconv command as in the justin tutorial (trjconv -s
md_0_1.tpr -f md_0_1.xtc -o md_0_1_noPBC.xtc -pbc mol -ur compact),
but when i loaded the md_0_1.gro followed by md_0_1_noPBC.xtc in VMD,
i could not see the protein jumping out of the box on one side. I am
doing something wrong, Please let me know, and  was able to calculate
rmsd plot as per the command: g_rms -s md_0_1.tpr -f md_0_1_noPBC.xtc
-o rmsd.xvg -tu ns

and i want convert the coordinates of the simulated protein in pdb
format, and as I learnt that the coordinates are written in .trr or
.xtc file and i also have a md_0_1.gro file, so can i use editconf -f
md_0_1.gro -o md_0_1.pdb command to convert the coordinates of the
simulated protein into PDB format,is it ok..

or else should i use trjconv -f md_0_1.xtc -o md_0_1.pdb.Please
suggest me the correct script.

Regarding docking when I did solvent simulation on GUI commercial
software, I used to minimize the simulated structure for docking, but
i have no clues learnt in gromacs tutorial ( iam new to gromacs)
regarding the output whether it is  minimized after simulation or not
....the md.mdp file which i used for the production MD is as below:

title		= MD
integrator	= md
nsteps		= 500000
dt		= 0.002