[gmx-users] Coarse-Grain: GROMACS bond information to VMD

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 21 14:33:31 CEST 2009

Baofu Qiao wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I have try the top2psf.tcl from Justin and the top2psf.pf from the VMD
> website. But both of them can only deal with single chain system. Take
> an example, if there are 10 proteins (+water) in my system,  how to
> convert to topology of the total system to .psf file? I tried to append
> the .psf. But VMD doesn't recognize the appended .psf file.

I can't comment on Nicolas' script, but as for my own, you need to supply a
single topology, there is no way to append the output.  You could, for
visualization purposes, separate the coordinates of each of your subunits from
the assembled structure, generate the corresponding .psf file for each, and load
them all separately into VMD.  A little tedious, I know, but given the method
for generating MARTINI topologies, I'm not sure I can provide a better method.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar