[gmx-users] pdb file

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 21 14:42:28 CEST 2009

leila karami wrote:
> my pdb file for dna and protein contains 640 and 1130 atoms
> respectively. if I want creat a new pdb file for studying pr-dna
> interaction, should be numbering and order of numbers changed? how?

Numbering is the least of your worries, generating a reasonable starting
structure is much more difficult, if the protein and DNA molecules are in
separate structure files.  Once the system is assembled, it can be renumbered
(genconf -renumber); the order is dependent only upon the order specified in the
[molecules] directive of the topology.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar