[gmx-users] Protein Solvent Dynamics - Coordinates for docking

ram bio rmbio861 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 16:46:11 CEST 2009

Dear Justin.

Thanks for the suggestion, definitely i would run next time for a
longer time 2-10 ns.
Here, I want to learn the analysis part of the mdrun, In order to
locate the lowest energy frame  I executed command g_energy -f
md_0_1.edr -o PE.xvg and the output was

Statistics over 500001 steps [ 0.0000 thru 1000.0001 ps ], 1 data sets
All averages are exact over 500001 steps

Energy                      Average       RMSD     Fluct.      Drift  Tot-Drift
Potential                -1.2189e+06    1115.54    1070.01    -1.0927    -1092.7

then I had a look at the PE.xvg file, but the values are very close to
identify the lowest energy point, i also tried to a have a look at the
md_0_1.log file, here also it is tedious and time consuming and the
values are close to remember. Can you suggest me how to locate the
lowest energy frame, so that i can use the comand (below) to retrieve
that particular frame coordinates in PDB file:

trjconv -f md_0_1.xtc -o LEconf.pdb -dump framenumber (any frame
number- corresponding to the lowest energy)

and also please tell the whether the command i am going to use to
retrieve the lowest energy configuration is correct.

Thanks,

Ram