[gmx-users] Re: converting proper dihedrals into ryckaert-bellemans

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 22 14:00:06 CEST 2009

Carla Jamous wrote:
> Dear Alan,
> if I completely understood how acpypi works, it seems that it generates
> the topology parameters from the pdb file of the molecule.
> But the problem is that I have the topology parameters (my angles, bond
> distances and dihedrals) and want to implement them in Gromacs, so
> actually I want to set specific parameters' values in gromacs.
>
> Carla

This is why the manual is so long :-) Chapter 4 talks about the
functional forms that can be used, and chapter 5 discusses how these are
implemented in the force field files. You'll need to have started by
reading these. Converting a sum of proper dihedrals into R-B form just
requires knowledge of basic trigonometry identities.

Mark