[gmx-users] Protein Solvent Dynamics - Coordinates for docking

ram bio rmbio861 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 14:15:06 CEST 2009

Dear Mark,

Thanks and you are right, that when a docked complex (protein +
ligand) is simulated, the favorable ligand binding poses can be
predicted using MD (longer runs). What I am trying to do here
presently is not to simulate a docked complex, but to generate a
modelled protein lowest energy configuration (P.E. surface
exploration) using MD and further use this configuration for the
flexible docking, and you are right as I think MD follows the law of
conservation of energy as the P.E decreases the K.E increases or vice
versa for a configuration at an instance, as we are exploring the P.E
surface by changing the coordinates very effectively using M.D, i want
use the configuration (coordinates) with the lowest P.E produced  from
MD and further minimize it (as i dont know whether the configuration
obtained after gromacs MD can go further into a local/global minima by
minimization) so that can be the input for flexible docking.

Thanks,

Ram