[gmx-users] Diffusion coefficient depenting on time interval

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Oct 22 17:52:12 CEST 2009

Hi users,

I have simulated a box of NVT-water, more specifically the flexible
urey-bradley-like TIPS-reparametrisation by Dang and Pettitt (1987).
What I notice is that the diffusion coefficient increases when I
calculate it from a longer snippet from my trajectory. If I use only 100
ps; starting at 100, 200 or 300 ps; the caculated coefficient is lower
than if I use 400 ps (100-500 ps). Is this a known issue, inherent in
the Einstein relation somehow?

Erik Marklund, PhD student
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics,
Husargatan 3, Box 596,    75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:    +46 18 471 4537        fax: +46 18 511 755
erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/molbiophys