[gmx-users] some prolem about genbox genconf and editconf

Dallas B. Warren Dallas.Warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
Wed Oct 28 04:23:23 CET 2009

How are you visualizing the system?  Using VMD?  In that case, bonds are
determined by how far apart the atoms are, it guesses what the bonding
is, since a .gro file (or a pdb) doesn't have any bonding information in
it.  So what you are seeing is simply the fact you have scaled the box,
increasing or decreasing the distance between the atoms.  After a quick
EM the atoms will return to their correct spacing.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9167
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble
a nail.