[gmx-users] Solvating a CG system

Anirban Ghosh reach.anirban.ghosh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:48:11 CET 2009

Hi ALL,

I have a CG protein in a CG lipid bilayer. I have packed the lipids around
the protein using InflateGRO, following Justin's tutorial. Now I want to
solvate it with CG waters. In all-atom we need to set a higher value for
VanderWaal's radii for C in vdwradii.dat file. What should it be like for
solvating my CG system, since there are no "C" here? Is there any different
file for that? I tried using genbox normally and fornd CG waters inserted
between the CG protein beads. How to solve this?
Any suggestion is welcome.

Regards,

Anirban