[gmx-users] MVAPICH2 mdrun problem for SD and MD, GROMACS 4.0.5

Daniel Adriano Silva M dadriano at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 20:50:14 CET 2009

Mark,

Thank you!!! It was non directly MPI, since I tried the fresh
installation with intel and gcc but none worked, then i realized that
my compilation of FFTW could be the problem (compiled with icc 11),
then I recompiled FFTW with gcc and linking to this new fftw3.2.2 I
recompiled gromacs booth with gcc and intel, booth compilations seems
to work. Do you think that it could be any problem at mix gcc-fftw and
intel mdrun??? I will continue the tests with the new gmx-tests and
other TPRs.

Thanks
Daniel

2009/10/30 Mark Abraham <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au>:
> Daniel Adriano Silva M wrote:
>>
>> Mark,
>>
>> I will test, but please tell me: do you think MPI linking problem
>> could lead to problems with some dynamics and not with others as
>> happens to me? and also note that all my test where made with mvapich2
>> (even that with one core). Please justin, what do you think about?
>
> For example, observing symptoms from buffer overruns can be sensitive to the
> actual calculation being run because it can depend how the actual memory
> gets laid out and used. So here, that might translate to the kind of system
> being simulated, and the number of cores used. Such an overrun might be
> present in the code all the time, or only exists after a linking mismatch,
> or similar.
>
> Mark
>
>> Thanks
>> Daniel

>>> I'd guess you're having some problem with (dynamic) linking of the MPI
>>> library. Perhaps the version of some library has changed since recently,
>>> etc. I'd suggest compiling two fresh copies of GROMACS with either icc