[gmx-users] t_trxframe speed units

aherz alexander.herz at mytum.de
Wed Sep 2 15:48:56 CEST 2009

Yes, the diamond moves through the complete sim box (eg. from left to
right) before it pops back to the left side due to pbc.
But looking at the diamond speed (which is increasing) it looks as if
the afm tip is not shifted back to the left side when it leaves the sim
box at the right side. If that was the case then the distance of the tip
and the group would increase all the time
(after the diamond has been shifted back to the left side the first time
due to pbc but the afm is not shifted back) which would explain the
increasing speed of the diamond.

Let me rephrase the question, what happens with the pull position when
it reaches the box boundaries??
Is it shifted back (so pull_pos[XX]-=box[XX][XX]) or not? Also, are the
atoms shifted back when they leave the box?