[gmx-users] msd

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 3 16:44:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

g_msd calculates the msd for molecules, not for atoms.
I guess that would explain the result when you half the chain length.
It might also explain the box size effects, since whole chains will
still have a reduction in MSD due to periodiciy with a box of 3 Rg.

If you run g_msd without -mol you get the MSD per atom.

Berk