[gmx-users] hi questions about installing GROMACS

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Sep 4 22:15:11 CEST 2009

Amit Choubey wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am trying to install GROMACS (version 4.0) on my local machine. I
> tried to follow the supplied simple instruction in the INSTALL file. The
> ./configure step works but the "make" command doesnt work. My bash
> prints out  "make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop."

Then probably configuration didn't actually work, if you have no Makefile.  A
few things to consider:

1. Use the latest version of Gromacs (4.0.5), not a version that is nearly a
year old.  You will get the latest features and bug fixes.
2. Ensure that you have read/write access in the directory you're trying to run
the commands.

-Justin

> What should i do for this? Should i save the GROMACS Directory somewhere
> else?
>

> Amit

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate