[gmx-users] Windows installation

Bill Maier willardmaier at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 6 17:54:39 CEST 2009

I'm trying to install Gromacs 4.0.5 on Windows Vista. I've successfully
run the install/make for fftw 3.2.2, but when I run configure for
gromacs I get this error message:

"configure: error: Cannot find fftw3f library"

I notice that the error message has fftw3f with an f on the end, but
when I look in the fftw installation directory, the library files for
fftw are named fftw3, with no f. I'm not sure if I should try to change
the gromacs configure script or if fftw didn't build correctly. I tried
building fftw by specifying an install directory with --prefix, and also
tried it by letting it go to the default directory, with the same error
message. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Willard Maier