[gmx-users] Topologies for ffamber99 and ions for ffamber99

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 7 16:01:32 CEST 2009

tanos at ime.eb.br wrote:

>   Dear gmx users,
>   I am trying to perform MD simulations of a DNA dodecamer complexed
> with some ligands but I facing some problems to generate the ligands
> topologies and insert Na ions to neutralize the system ! I have built
> the first ligand.itp file by hand, what is very time consuming. So I
> wonder if someone know a software or server (like PRODRG) able to
> generate ligand topologies to the ffamber99 force field.

There are some tools in the User Contributions section of the website:

http://www.gromacs.org/index.php?title=Download_%26_Installation/User_contributions

>   Also, I am wondering how to include the ions topology in the GROMACS
> file ions.itp in order to make ffamber99 force field recognize the ion
> topology.

Follow the format of ions.itp; you will need to include a section starting with
#ifdef _FF_AMBER and fill out the entries for the ions you're using, according
to the naming in the Amber force fields.  The manual is your friend here.

-Justin

>   With the best regards,
>   Tanos C. C. Franca.
>   Laboratory of Molecular Modeling Applyed to the Chemical and
> Biological Defense (LMMCB)

> Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use thewww

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080