[gmx-users] Re: How to edit the cgnr and charge fields of a ITP, file with the result of Gaussian?

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Fri Sep 11 11:54:31 CEST 2009

Gaussian03 (don't know which version you use) gives also the charges for
united atoms (all hydrogen-charges put into the heavy atoms). So look in
the output file (.out) under your posted charges.
But be aware that the GROMACS force field weren't parametrized with QM
calculations (so you must persuade the community that this way of
parametrization is ok).
I think a better way would be to look after the atomtypes of the force
field and use this charges (ok, we have a alcohol group -> looking in
ff*nb.itp we find an alcohol O atom and then we use that parameters ...).
This way i think you will be nearer to the original force field as if
you use QM charges.

Greetings
Thomas

Message: 3