[gmx-users] g_hbond Issues

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Sep 14 04:37:00 CEST 2009

Anil Kumar wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions of including/using index file. This is fine
> but is it not a cumbersome process to define for different length of
> systems in this way! Since, one has to define/make the group for each
> carbonyl group with other pairs!

Using index files is one method, but Mark's additional comment of reading the
help information is also quite poignant, especially the -hx option, which sounds
like it might do exactly what your original post requested.

Additionally, -hbn and -hbm are quite useful for mapping out hydrogen bonds, and
can be advantageously combined with index files for a more narrow view of things.

-Justin

> Anyway for the time being I am using this strategy. But if anyway has
> other options then kindly let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> with warm regards,
> anil
> IIT Bombay
> India
>
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Mark Abraham <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
> <mailto:Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au>> wrote:
>
>     Anil Kumar wrote:
>
>         Dear Gmx Users,
>
>         I need to calculate the H-Bonds of simulation trajectory with
>         specification
>         of i to i+2/3/4/5 so on..and i to i -2/3/4/5 so on...separately.
>
>         Do anyone have any idea how to do this...since the present
>         option g_hbond
>         calculate both the hydrogen bonds together irrespective of i to i+/-
>         2/3/4/5/6 and so on..
>
>         Or is there any other program which can be used for this analysis.
>

>     Read g_hbond -h and/or consider creating suitable index groups with
>     make_ndx in an index file to pass to g_hbond using -n.
>
>     Mark
>     posting!
>     Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php

Justin A. Lemkul