[gmx-users] How to complie gromacs on sgi Altix450?

Jan Jakubik jakubik at biomed.cas.cz
Mon Sep 14 09:16:22 CEST 2009

ʯ×Ó·ã wrote:
> Hello ,everybody!
> I meet some strange errors,I can install gromacs on my desktop computer,
> but I can't install gromacs on SGI Altix450 workstation.
> And both of the computer's operating systems are SUSE 10.
>
> ======================
> There are some install information, I holp  someone can help me !
>
> I have met some mistakes while installing gromacs on SGI Altix450
> workstaion.
> The Operating System is SUSE 10 .
> My fortran complier is intel fortran complier (11.1 version).
> I have successfully installed mpich2-1.1.1p1 and fftw3.2.2 .
> But when I install gromacs-4.0.5 with "--disable-float" ,there are some
> errors occured like this:
> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
> checking main for -lfftw... no
> error
> ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
>
> If I do not use that  option ,no error occured on the complie step.
>
>  But, It can't written any information into the *.trr and *.edr files.
> ================
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Wenping Lv

SGI Altix 450 is Itanium based machine while your desktop probably is
not. If so you need different installations of  SUSe on desktop and
workstation and must not use packages for desktop on workstation and
vice vera. Anyhow, what are your compile options, configure file etc. ?

Jan

--
Jan Jakubik
Dept. of Neurochemistry (14)