[gmx-users] some questions about the tabulated interaction functions

wuxiao xiaowu759 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 16 11:15:16 CEST 2009

Dear GMXers,

   by looking through the manual, I find that the tabluated interaction functions seem very flexible for performing MD simulations. But some questions puzzle me too much:

  for bonded interactions, as for bonds, angles, dihedrals, the f'(x) are the derivations of f(x) respective to x, here x can be considered as values of bonds, angles, and dihedrals?

  for non-bonded interactions, as for coulomb and LJ, the f'(x) are the derivations of f(x) respective to x, here x can be considered as values of distance between non-bonded atoms?

  Thanks a lot for any reply to this post

  Sincerely,

  Chaofu Wu, Dr.