[gmx-users] GMX 4.0.5 on Altix 3700 BX2: Assembly Optimizations fixed?

Carsten Kutzner ckutzne at gwdg.de
Thu Sep 17 17:40:38 CEST 2009

Hi Steve,

I made some tests on an Altix 4700 some time ago because I ran into
the same problem. If you use the fortran loops (--enable-fortran, which
is the default on sgi) you do not loose much performance. Here are
my benchmark results with a 80000 atom protein+bilayer+water
simulation on a single core:

inner loops  ns/day
C                 0.12
fortran         0.29
assembly    0.32

This was with gromacs 3.3, where the assembly kernels still worked on
that machine.

Carsten