[gmx-users] question about chain identifier

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:48:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

The only program that really uses chain identifiers is pdb2gmx.
It uses chain identifiers to recognize different protein (or DNA)
molecules that appear sequentially in pdb files.
All other programs will read chain identifiers and write them out again.
Also Gromacs will add chain identifiers for multi-residue molecules,
this is to make selection in visualization software.

Berk