[gmx-users] About gromacs installation

Enamul Haque nittopuran at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 14:12:06 CEST 2009

Hi gromacs experts,

I am trying to install gromacs version 4.0 to my laptop running under
ubuntu. But I can't. It shows some error like --

     * ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking for cc... cc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.
*
I really don't know what actually I need to do. Could someone pls help me
how can I properly installed gromacs on my pc.

Thanks in advance..

/nittopuran